Saturday, June 7, 2014

Blog Makeover!!!


If you've  visited my blog before you may have noticed I have a new design! I first ventured into sharing teaching ideas in Cyberland by creating an early childhood class website. Then, I discovered a ton of inspiring teachers' blogs and thought, "I can do that, too!" And, The Third Grade Learning Spot came to be. Through a lot of trial and error I created my own blog, but the finished product wasn't what I had envisioned in my head. No matter how many tutorials I watched I just couldn't get rid of the seam in my background. Plus, I wanted all the cool, cute features other blogs had. Then, I discovered the site, I Teach. What's Your Super Power? , created by Megan Favre. I learned not only is Megan a teacher and mommy, but she's a blog designer and creator of A Bird in Hand Designs. At first, I felt hesitant contacting Megan to redesign my blog. I was still getting the hang of blogging and with my Type A, OCD, perfectionist personality  it was hard handing the reins over to another. However, Megan made the process not only pain free, but FUN. Megan was consistently prompt in answers any questions and even developed my new design quicker than anticipated. She came up with a bunch of creative options for me to pick from by simply using a color palette and some fav fonts I sent her. So, if you're thinking of creating or re-designing a blog, I highly recommend Megan!


Even though there's only 2 weeks of school left, The Third Grade Learning Spot has been busy, busy, busy. I was amazed at the animal habitat reports and dioramas the kiddos created. Here's a sample ...









 
 






We also joined the rest of the school creating a garden habitat in the Home Depot garden beds on the playground.  Seedlings we planted included pumpkins, strawberries, corn, tomatoes, and petunias. The kiddos will get to see how big their plants grew during the summer on the 1st day of the new school year.







                                       future cornstalk...     
 


   Happy learning!


3 comments:

  1. love the new blog. I am very happy that you got it open now I know how much you have wanted one that looked as great as you are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love the new design & features like the "Return to Top" button : )

      Delete
  2. Love your new design. Megan did mine as well. I am moving to 3rd grade in the fall so I will be checking out your ideas! Would love for you to stop by my blog sometime.

    Brandi
    Swinging for Success
    Follow me on Facebook!

    ReplyDelete